Seabourn extends pause on global operations

an extension to its pause on global operations.


The brand has voluntarily cancelled cruises scheduled to depart up to June 30, having previously announced a pause on operations through to May 14.


In a statement Sabourn said the decision was a "proactive response to the unpredictable circumstances evolving" due to the coronavirus crisis.


The extension comes following a 'no sail order' issued by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) last week.


The CDC said no cruises were to sail in the US for at least 100 days or until US health bodies declare the pandemic over.


Seabourn said it would communicate changes to affected departures with guests and travel agents.


Guests on impacted voyages will receive a 125% future cruise credit which must be booked by December 30, 2020, but can be applied to any cruise sailing before December 31, 2021.


Alternatively, the line is offering a 100% refund for those who do not wish to take up the credit offer.


Guests and agents were asked to use online resources over calling the reservation call centre for information to prevent potential long hold times.

Related Articles

Cunard reports busiest booking day for a decade

Virgin Voyages’ third ship to be called Resilient Lady

Swan Hellenic reveals name of second ship at keel-laying